What Ifá is not…
- Ifá is not an Association of “Religions”
- Ifá is not a “Traditional” or Cultural Association
- Ifá is not a Secret Society or Cult.
- Ifá is not a Confraternity.
- Ifá is neither a Traditional Religion nor is it limited to Africa.
- Ifá does not judge.
- Ifá does not favor anyone.
What Ifá is…
- Ifá is the Divine Message of Olodumare (Almighty) to mankind.
- Ifá is the Word of Olodumare.
- Ifá transcends all the cultures and traditions of all things – man, animals, plants, rocks, water, wind and fire.
- Ifá explains the basis for the existence of all things past, present and future.
- Ifá prescribes the spiritual.physical solution of all problems.
- Ifá is the first, oldest and truest religion of mankind.
- Orunmila, harbinger of the divine message of Olodumare (Ifá) is the first and truest guardian of universal secrets of existence.
- Orunmila, in all things spiritual and esoteric is the deputy of Olodumare.
- All Orisa worship and veneration are acceptable provided they are subservient to the worship of Olodumare as outline by Ifá Religion.
- No guidelines or signposts to salvation can lead to the path of divine truth except that outline by Orunmila.
- Ifá is impartial.
- Ifá is truth.
- Ifá is a religion of the Universe.
Ifá is the embodiment of the totality of human existence. Ejiogbe, 1:36, explains that Ifá is the basis for understanding the beginning and end of all things. Through Ifá the great mysteries of life are revealed. Only Ifá explicates the reasons for life, living death, sickness, success, failure, poverty, wealth, life before birth and life after death. Only Ifá reveals the spiritual basis for the reincarnation experience; why no living organism having sucked from the breast of mother nature, will fail to taste the bitter truth of death; why Orí is more important than religion; why we all chart a different path during our sojourn on planet Earth, and why sacrifice is pivotal to the lives of men of all races and all religions. Only Ifá tells it exactly as it is. In short, Ifá guides the life of man from cradle to grave.
Ifá is a religion of tolerance. The only religion on Earth that has never gone to war or mounted a Crusade of Jihad principally to kill fellow human beings in the millions in defense of the Almighty God, who did not ask for their lives.
Never the less, I believe that man will not merely endure, he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among all creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.
May the blessings of Olodumare be with you. Ase!
Tags: Ifá, understanding-ifa